Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Another unique observation of the Singapore MRT

Merry Christmas to You.

Yesterday morning, on my way to work (yes, I know on Christmas eve), I took my regular walk down to the MRT (Mass Rapid Transit). Pretty regular except for the pouring raining.
The temperature was nice and cool.
And I got on, while keeping a close eye for unusual situations to write about for my blog.
Then it happened, the subject matter for this blog presented itself.

A young lady, standing about 3 feet away from me, looked at her wrist watch, then look up behind and above me. There is a digital information panel lo0cated there, which is a new feature on some of the trains. She look at it and then look at her watch again. A puzzled look on her face. Then later another young man nearby did the same. Looking at his watch and then to the place behind and above me.
So I decided to take a look, the digital clock there said 8:14. Wait a minute, I glanced at my own watch; 8:30. I glanced at someone else's watch, and it showed the same time as mine.
The clock in the MRT is 16 mintues late.

In my own country I would have thought nothing of it.
But in Singapore, That is a unique situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis